1¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons dark unsweetened cocoa powder
11 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup (8 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup packed light brown sugar
5 eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the sides and bottom of a 9×13-inch baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, salt, and cocoa powder together.
3. Put the chocolate, butter and instant espresso powder in a large bowl and set it over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate and butter are completely melted and smooth. Turn off the heat, but keep the bowl over the water and add the sugars. Whisk until completely combined, then remove the bowl from the pan. The mixture should be room temperature.
4. Add 3 eggs to the chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Add the remaining eggs and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and stir until combined. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or your brownies will become like a cake.
5. Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate until just a bit of the flour mixture is visible.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake in the center of the oven for 30 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through the baking time, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs sticking to it. Let the brownies cool completely, then lift them out of the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into squares and serve.
7. Store at room temperature in an airtight container or wrap with plastic wrap for up to 3 days.
Ingredients for 2:
- 2 crisp apples
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 caramels
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To get the blooming apple look, you need to cut the apples. Slice off the top ¼ of the apples. Scoop out the core. Then, use a thin knife to make two deep circular cuts around the center of the apple. Next, turn the apple over and make narrow cuts all the way around the apple. Flip it back over and you can see all of the cuts.
- Place the apples in an oven safe dish and put two caramels into the center of each apple.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in the microwave for 30 second, stir and continue heating for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir in flour and cinnamon. Divide the mixture over the top of the two sliced apples.
- Bake at 375°F (180°C, Thermostat 6) for 25-30 minutes. (Check apples after 25 minutes and continue cooking until tender. Some big apples can take 45 min to 1 hour to soften.)
- Remove from the oven and use a large spoon to move the apples into bowls.
If you don’t have self-raising flour, add a packet of baking powder.
If you have ordinary flour, add a pinch of baking powder.
What you’ll need:
2 cups all-purpose flour (plus a bit extra for coating the hotdogs before dipping in batter)
3/4 cup ground yellow cornmeal
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 cups milk
2 packages hot dogs (beef, chicken or pork, your choice!)
In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking soda. Add in the milk and eggs and mix well until no lumps are remaining.
Cut hotdogs into 1/3 (thirds). Coat in flour and shake to remove excess.
In a saucepan, heat oil to 350°F. Dip the hot dogs into the batter and carefully put into the hot oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. When done, place onto a paper towel lined plate or wire rack. Serve with ketchup, mustard, cheese or whatever dipping sauce you prefer. Makes 48 mini corn dogs. Enjoy!
Here are the secret ingredients for the spice mix:
- 75 g plain flour
- 2 tsp (teaspoon) salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
This recipe is a no-bake recipe, you don’t need to use the oven at all.
Usually roasted on a barbecue, s’mores can be made in batches in your kitchen oven easily if you follow this recipe.
This one may be too difficult for you to make, but it is so pretty to look at!
Italian American like to serve lasagna over Christmas. Here is a good recipe. The list of ingredients is below: