• 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Grease or spray 9 regular-size muffin cups.
• 2 Wash and core apples. Thinly slice each one, leaving the peel on.
• 3 In 2-quart saucepan, heat 4 cups water, 4 tablespoons sugar and the lemon juice to boiling. Add the apple slices; boil about 3 minutes or until apples are soft. You want to be easily able to bend them without breaking.
• 4 Drain apples, and place on paper towels to dry and cool completely.
• 5 Sprinkle flour on work surface, and roll out dough sheet. Sprinkle 5 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon on surface of dough. Using pastry cutter (or pizza cutter), cut dough into 9 (1-inch) strips.
• 6 Arrange cooled apple slices end to end down each strip. Carefully roll up each strip, and place in muffin cup.
• 7 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely golden. Remove from pan, and cool on cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!