• 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Grease or spray 9 regular-size muffin cups.
• 2 Wash and core apples. Thinly slice each one, leaving the peel on.
• 3 In 2-quart saucepan, heat 4 cups water, 4 tablespoons sugar and the lemon juice to boiling. Add the apple slices; boil about 3 minutes or until apples are soft. You want to be easily able to bend them without breaking.
• 4 Drain apples, and place on paper towels to dry and cool completely.
• 5 Sprinkle flour on work surface, and roll out dough sheet. Sprinkle 5 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon on surface of dough. Using pastry cutter (or pizza cutter), cut dough into 9 (1-inch) strips.
• 6 Arrange cooled apple slices end to end down each strip. Carefully roll up each strip, and place in muffin cup.
• 7 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely golden. Remove from pan, and cool on cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Here is the list for the secret ingredients:
– 1 teaspoon of oregano, 1 of sage, 1 of basil, 1 of marjoram, 1 of chili powder, 1 of paprika, 1 of onion powder, 1 of garlic powder.
– 2 teaspoons of salt.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
2 ready-made short crust pastries
5 cups sliced peeled peaches
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons butter
What You’ll Need…
- Variety of your favorite fruits. (I like to use fresh strawberries, cherries, red seedless grapes and blueberries. If you grow berries in your yard, this can be yet another tasty way to put them to use!)
What You’ll Make… 4th of July Fruit Kabobs!
Simply alternate fruit and marshmallows in fun patterns, and voila!
Fruit Kabobs are fun, festive, and taste absolutely delicious!
Both the kids & adults will be sure to love these tasty 4th of July treats!!
500 g (1 lb) macaroni
6 tbsp olive oil
50 g (2 oz) kefalotiri cheese, finely grated
(you can replace this cheese with any ordinary grated cheese)
For the meat sauce
500 g (1 lb) minced beef or lamb
4 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped
2 large onions, finely chopped
125 ml (4 fl oz) water
6 tbsp olive oil
1 bay leaf
For the Bechamel sauce
750 ml (24 fl oz) milk
100 g (3½ oz) kefalotiri cheese, finely grated
60 g (2 oz) butter
60 g (2 oz) plain flour
¼ tsp nutmeg
You can use Saint Moret instead of Philadelphia Cheese, and Roudor instead of Graham Crackers.