Ingredients for 2:
- 2 crisp apples
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 caramels
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To get the blooming apple look, you need to cut the apples. Slice off the top ¼ of the apples. Scoop out the core. Then, use a thin knife to make two deep circular cuts around the center of the apple. Next, turn the apple over and make narrow cuts all the way around the apple. Flip it back over and you can see all of the cuts.
- Place the apples in an oven safe dish and put two caramels into the center of each apple.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in the microwave for 30 second, stir and continue heating for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir in flour and cinnamon. Divide the mixture over the top of the two sliced apples.
- Bake at 375°F (180°C, Thermostat 6) for 25-30 minutes. (Check apples after 25 minutes and continue cooking until tender. Some big apples can take 45 min to 1 hour to soften.)
- Remove from the oven and use a large spoon to move the apples into bowls.