What would you think if someone said killing one in five people was ok ? Well, this is happening, in a way…
Alexis wanted to make a cartoon to inspire other children with cancer to be brave even when they’re scared. Here is the cartoon that was made by Make-A-Wish association and World Famous.
Alexis’s real voice can be heard in the cartoon.
Based in the Netherlands, the “Ambulance Wish Foundation helps to bring peace to people in their final days by granting them their last wish. It was founded by Mr Veldboer, who is an ambulance driver himself. The foundation employs a fleet of custom-built ambulances and always has highly trained medical staff on hand for emergencies.
Some of the dying people they help want to visit a touristic place or see exotic animals. But many just want to enjoy sunshine at the beach or go back to their home for a few hours.
Here are some of their granted wishes:
Barbie dolls have been accused of showing little girls a stereotypical image of women, the dolls always representing tall, skinny, pretty women in very “feminine” attitudes and gender-specific, unrealistic ways of life.
Barbie’s new ad follows a different trend: it shows that girls can be anyone they choose to be, whether they want to be a vet, a professor or a sports coach. Way to go Barbie! 😀
Ingredients for 2:
- 2 crisp apples
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 caramels
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To get the blooming apple look, you need to cut the apples. Slice off the top ¼ of the apples. Scoop out the core. Then, use a thin knife to make two deep circular cuts around the center of the apple. Next, turn the apple over and make narrow cuts all the way around the apple. Flip it back over and you can see all of the cuts.
- Place the apples in an oven safe dish and put two caramels into the center of each apple.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in the microwave for 30 second, stir and continue heating for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir in flour and cinnamon. Divide the mixture over the top of the two sliced apples.
- Bake at 375°F (180°C, Thermostat 6) for 25-30 minutes. (Check apples after 25 minutes and continue cooking until tender. Some big apples can take 45 min to 1 hour to soften.)
- Remove from the oven and use a large spoon to move the apples into bowls.