This one may be too difficult for you to make, but it is so pretty to look at!
Italian American like to serve lasagna over Christmas. Here is a good recipe. The list of ingredients is below:
• 1 Heat oven to 400°F. Grease or spray 9 regular-size muffin cups.
• 2 Wash and core apples. Thinly slice each one, leaving the peel on.
• 3 In 2-quart saucepan, heat 4 cups water, 4 tablespoons sugar and the lemon juice to boiling. Add the apple slices; boil about 3 minutes or until apples are soft. You want to be easily able to bend them without breaking.
• 4 Drain apples, and place on paper towels to dry and cool completely.
• 5 Sprinkle flour on work surface, and roll out dough sheet. Sprinkle 5 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon on surface of dough. Using pastry cutter (or pizza cutter), cut dough into 9 (1-inch) strips.
• 6 Arrange cooled apple slices end to end down each strip. Carefully roll up each strip, and place in muffin cup.
• 7 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely golden. Remove from pan, and cool on cooling rack. Serve and enjoy!
Here is the list for the secret ingredients:
– 1 teaspoon of oregano, 1 of sage, 1 of basil, 1 of marjoram, 1 of chili powder, 1 of paprika, 1 of onion powder, 1 of garlic powder.
– 2 teaspoons of salt.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
2 ready-made short crust pastries
5 cups sliced peeled peaches
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons butter